Welcome to the International Nurses Organization for HAE
Nurses and health-care professionals are important in managing chronic diseases like HAE. The nurses have a pivotal role in delivering medical information, integrative care and update on advancements in the field.
The website will serve the following purposes:
- Assist to develop consensus on global nursing treatment parameters
- Construct training programs directed at self-treatment with the available intravenous and subcutaneous medications
- Raise awareness of this rare genetic disease among health-care professionals
- Become a global forum for discussions and exchange of ideas
- Publish presentations, posters and educational materials
- Feature academic and research publications in the field of angioedema nursing
- Help to organize meetings and conferences
- Open section for patient education and training
- Publish results of new studies and advancements in the field
- Communicate with the Pharma to encourage nursing care and educational initiatives
- Nurses will be able to register to the IHNO and receive information through the website
The International Hereditary Angioedema (HAE) Nurses Organisation (IHNO) was established in May 2013, during the 8th C1-Inhibitor Deficiency Workshop, in Budapest, Hungary.
All participating nurses have an extensive experience with patients with Hereditary Angioedema (C1 inhibitor deficiency) in our countries. The main purpose of this initiative is to increase the impact of expert nurses on patient management and implementation of new treatment protocols. Professor Henrietta Farkas from Hungary kindly agreed to become the Honorary President of IHNO.